Auxilis devaluing my car

Options
L23641
L23641 Posts: 4 Newbie
First Post
My car was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault. Admiral directed me to their non-fault services at Auxilis, where they provided me with a courtesy car and an approved repairer. Unfortunately, due to the deployed airbags, the car was declared a total loss. Now, I'm facing a payout. Acorn Assessors called me and stated that my car was valued at £3.5k. I disagreed and tried to negotiate with my insurance company, but they informed me that if I go through them for the claim, I would receive a reduced excess of £1.325k. They also mentioned that I could claim back modifications from Admiral Law. After agreeing to the £3.5k settlement with auxilis. i called back and asked to accept, suddenly offered me £1.3k which was on their notes?. My car is a 2009 Seat Ibiza SE with only 45k miles, and I believe this offer is too low compared to similar cars on Auto Trader selling for over £3k. Any suggestions or assistance?

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They’re not “selling” for over £3k. That is the asking price, which hardly anyone pays.
  • L23641
    L23641 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Webuyanycar is offering more than insurance company which says alot 
  • Tucosalamanca
    Tucosalamanca Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you approached them with evidence of similar cars?

I've negotiated in the past (not with Auxilis), even gone through Autotrader ads over the phone.

I might not have achieved exactly what I wanted but have always improved on the original offer.

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    L23641 said:
    My car was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault. Admiral directed me to their non-fault services at Auxilis, where they provided me with a courtesy car and an approved repairer. Unfortunately, due to the deployed airbags, the car was declared a total loss. Now, I'm facing a payout. Acorn Assessors called me and stated that my car was valued at £3.5k. I disagreed and tried to negotiate with my insurance company, but they informed me that if I go through them for the claim, I would receive a reduced excess of £1.325k. They also mentioned that I could claim back modifications from Admiral Law. After agreeing to the £3.5k settlement with auxilis. i called back and asked to accept, suddenly offered me £1.3k which was on their notes?. My car is a 2009 Seat Ibiza SE with only 45k miles, and I believe this offer is too low compared to similar cars on Auto Trader selling for over £3k. Any suggestions or assistance?
    Auxilis  do not give you a courtesy car, they give you a very expensive hire car on credit (aka credit hire). 

Auxilis/Acorn also dont really value your car for the purposes of settlement... they commission an independent engineer report which gives their view of the value of the vehicle. That is then sent to the at fault party's insurer and ultimately they are the ones that will decide if the value of the vehicle and make offer of settlement. Realistically it won't be more than your engineer stated but it can certainly be less. 

Given you are typically racking up £100+ a day in credit hire then Auxilis is totally unmotivated to be chasing up the insurer etc. 

I'm confused by your description though... your engineer gave a value you didnt like but now you are talking about dealing with "your insurers" and your excess etc. 

Who was the third party insurers? Wondering if this is a blue on blue claim and the third party insurer is also Admiral?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback