Gambling Ads

Options
Hi I am a recovering gambler to some extent, I am not over the top gambler, but I have spent a lot of money on gambling sites, wastefully, I have always managed to pay bills on time however I have almost left myself in a tight spot, I know there are worse scenarios then mine. However I am venting because I use MSN and I keep getting foreign and UK gambling ads that come up that say they can get through gamstop, I used gamstop it is a site where every registered gambling site in the uk won't allow you to pay for gambling, I.e you can't do it anymore. I did this but now all this other gambling stuff is coming up - someone not me a serious offender/ victim may get in a serious pickle if when they have used gam stop and they try again will get all these ads come up - I write on it report ad not appropriate, then next minute another one pops up either the same or different but same context to gamble. How can I build up a case, prevent this from happening to me and others like me...do you know if there is a place on the forum for this discussion, I know this may not be the most appropriate place. Thank you in advance.
April Missions:-

Mission 1 - NS days aim 14/30 actual 17/30 Current Month April. Mission Success, Yay!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mission 2 - Increase EF By The end of the month 

JdownFdownMdownA M J J A S O N D

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is no longer a discussion forum. MSE made a decision to close the discussion part some time ago now.
    if you’re looking to start a campaign to prevent this from happening MSE is not the best place to be doing it. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
     I write on it report ad not appropriate, then next minute another one pops up either the same or different 

This happens on MSN with many different products. If you have clicked on various websites and agreed to cookies, then the adverts keep popping up constantly. If you keep reporting them they seem to go away eventually, or maybe they have a fixed time span anyway.

The only sure fire way is to delete all browsing history and delete all cookies. This might cause you issues with other websites you use, but should stop the gamstop adverts.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback