File always too big.

Options
I'm currently filling in an online application form. I've reached the part where I had to create a three min video introducing myself, I took that on my iphone. I tried to attach it to e mail so i could get it on my laptop but file was too big. I have connected my phone and managed somehow to get the video on my laptop but, when I tried to attach it to the form, file too big. The form accepts all types  of formats. up to 250  mb
I then tried to use zip file, I clicked the browse button but it wouldn't accept zip file. Can anyone help me. 
Jeff.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You need to go into the settings of your phone/camera and choose a lower resolution and possibly framerate (720HD/ 30ffs should be fine) in which to record at. If thats still to big then you could download a computer application called Handbrake and run it through one of its codecs which will probably reduce the file size (eg the Fast or Very Fast 720p30)

If you dont mind putting the file online somewhere someone could run handbrake or equiv for you but obviously only do so if your totally comfortable with the world seeing the video 
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You could upload the video to YouTube and set it to be only able to be viewed by people with the link to it, then give the link to your potential employer?
  • jeff_chandler
    jeff_chandler Posts: 287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you, it actually did the trick. 
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 April at 1:02AM
    Options
    Please, who are you thanking and what did the trick?
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 8 April at 6:53PM
    Options
    Maybe I'm flattering myself but given that his message came an hour after mine I thought it was what I'd suggested that did the trick namely: You could upload the video to YouTube and set it to be only able to be viewed by people with the link to it, then give the link to your potential employer?
  • Grey_Critic
    Grey_Critic Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can also use We Transfer
  • jeff_chandler
    jeff_chandler Posts: 287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zagubov said:
    Please, who are you thanking and what did the trick?
    By uploading the video to youtube then copy and paste the link to the form. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback