Who are Orbit?!

Options
I've been paying DCAs every month without fail via my bank account as agreed with CAB many years ago & I've never failed any payments. 
They have habit of passing my accounts onto other DCAs even if my payments are being made to them.
I'm having to deal with my partner who has cancer & had some removed in order to live a bit longer.
Now I've received a text message saying Cabot are sending out a Orbit agent to discuss my account.
Is this a new way of them doing things now?!
I don't know what their problem is since my payments are being paid every month. 
I cannot use the phone because I am deaf & Orbit wants me to ring Cabot to stop an agent coming out to my house.
I've never had any postal letters or emails off Orbit & I can't reply to their text message. I've searched the internet & cannot find anything about them. 
Orbit sent a other text message today - given me a deadline of 27th March, the same day they've sent the text!
I really don't need this right now, can anybody advise me please? Thank you very much. 
(Sorry if this is the wrong post, there wasn't any other options for my issue)

Comments

• JonVarnas
    JonVarnas Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 March at 5:18PM
    Options
    Orbit usually deal with water debts if I recall. I had dealings with them many moons ago when I got into arrears with Anglian Water. They're just another debt collection agency with no powers and are apparently owned by Cabot. If they turn up, which I doubt tbh, I'd tell them to "fly off". It's probably a threatogram, so you call Cabot and one of their agents will try to pressure you to increase your payments.
  • bodybag_2
    bodybag_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Orbit are their door collection people. I had a visit from them last year, handed my wife a letter and asked me to call the number they left on the card.  They have no more power than a pizza delivery driver.  Don't answer the door when they arrive.

It's Cabot trying scare tactics.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 March at 11:14AM
    Options
    @MadCrazyRabbitGurl

Wrong forum to post in, it will limit your responses unfortunately.

But that aside, Orbit are just another debt collection agency who like to add the personal touch by knocking on doors, they are nothing to worry about, and can be ignored or told to remove themselves from your doorstep, they are nothing special.

As you are already paying Cabot my suggestion would be to make a complaint to them, as payments are already being made the involvement of Orbit is unnecessary, and unfair on you, therefore you should complain.

Their deadlines are meaningless, go about your day and don`t worry, see if someone can contact Cabot on your behalf to deal with the matter, or email a complaint to them, there website shows they have a live chat facility, try that, its all a pointless exercise by them.

Contact Us (cabotfinancial.co.uk)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback