Etihad

Options
nilequeen
nilequeen Posts: 154 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 27 March at 5:23PM in Consumer rights
Hi
Has anyone taken small claims action against Etihad Airlines., if so, which address did you serve papers to please.?

Comments

• Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    nilequeen said:
    Hi
    Has anyone taken small claims action against Etihad, if so, which address did you serve papers to please.?
    Etihad is a very common word in Arabic, it means 'United'. There must be as many companies with 'Etihad' in the name as there are containing the word 'United'.

In the UK, Companies House lists 58 of them including at least three 'Etihad Airways'. 
    If the name is just 'Etihad' and they are a UK company their registered address is 130 Princess Road, Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom, M16 7BY.

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    nilequeen said:
    Hi
    Has anyone taken small claims action against Etihad, if so, which address did you serve papers to please.?
    Which entity are you wanting to sue? 

Etihad Airways UK branch is 200 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 7DL

Probably more safely you'd issue on ETIHAD AIRWAYS PJSC which is defined as "we" in their T&Cs and their address is Etihad Airways Hq Building. Khalifa City A. P1 - C 48, Air Port Road, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Alderbank said:
    nilequeen said:
    Hi
    Etihad is a very common word in Arabic, it means 'United'. There must be as many companies with 'Etihad' in the name as there are containing the word 'United'.

In the UK, Companies House lists 58 of them including at least three 'Etihad Airways'. 
    If the name is just 'Etihad' and they are a UK company their registered address is 130 Princess Road, Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom, M16 7BY.
    That company is a one man band turning over a few grand a year
  • nilequeen
    edited 27 March at 5:26PM
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry it is Etihad airways or airlines
    Thanks for your replies it’s confusing as there are two addresses London and Manchester 
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    nilequeen said:
    Hi
    Sorry it is Etihad airways or airlines
    Thanks for your replies it’s confusing as there are two addresses London and Manchester 
    Manchester based company used to be called Elite English College but changed its name to Etihad, its got a single shareholder and single director both of which are a Kareem Al-Enazy and currently has a balance sheet of £2,706 and claims to have 7 employees including themselves.

I think Etihad the airline has more than 7 employees and I doubt airports would be offering to refuel them if their balance sheet is only under £3k, or at least wanting the pilots to pay cash before hand!
  • Okell
    Okell Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alderbank said:
    nilequeen said:
    Hi
    Etihad is a very common word in Arabic, it means 'United'...

Cripes!  

That must be a bit embarrassing for Manchester City...      :/
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you explained the problem it might help get better advice.
  • nilequeen
    edited 28 March at 11:04AM
    Options
    The issue is they damaged my bags and refused to resolve. I raised it with CAA , who mediated and they agreed to pay out, after a lot of back and forth.
    they don’t answer their emails on time if at all and you just get an automated reply to say it’s not monitored .
    The two email addresses they used to ask for documents are feedback@etihad.ae and baggageclaims@etihad.ae. They then sent out n indemnity form that can not be opened or completed. I asked for it to be posted out to me and they didn’t get back to me for two months . CAA requested this too but they refuse to budge. This has been going on since October 2023, no end in sight.
    They have no ADR provider so are a law unto themselves. The worst airline ever or baggage handling.
    so I decided to take them to court , told them again no response or form received.

• zoob
    zoob Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried to claim on your travel insurance also how long after your flight did you report the damage? 
  • nilequeen
    Options
    No travel insurance didn’t  help, reported within 24 hours to airline 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business