RTA Offer Settlement - Should I be entitled to a breakdown?

Options
2»

Comments

• J3OEF
    J3OEF Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So as suggested I emailed them asking for a copy of the offer letter and they sent one back dated as todays date which was odd given the offered was received yesterday with a note to say,

The breakdown is as follows:

£2300 – Gross Offer

Our Charges = 25 plus VAT - £700 

Net Amount payable to you = £1600

I believe my letter to you states £1500. I have amended it from my side to state £1600.

Do still sign the letter I have sent as I have amended the figure from my side. 

I've requested they amend the letter and correct my address details as they are not correct before signing. 

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,689 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    J3OEF said:
    So as suggested I emailed them asking for a copy of the offer letter and they sent one back dated as todays date which was odd given the offered was received yesterday with a note to say,
    Could be they got a verbal offer followed by a letter. Could be whoever did the letter was an idiot and send the Word version which has a =today() function for the date in the template when they should have sent a PDF that would have fixed the date to the date if was converted. 

I am guessing your injuries were all soft tissue types that fall into the whiplash reforms? If so then the general damages are basically fixed by the legislation so that would give you a steer on what they are offering towards your special damages like the cost of the MRI
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    J3OEF said:

£2300 – Gross Offer

I believe my letter to you states £1500. I have amended it from my side to state £1600.

I've requested they amend the letter and correct my address details as they are not correct before signing. 

Wait for the amended letter and sign that. 
  • J3OEF
    Options
    J3OEF said:
    Could be they got a verbal offer followed by a letter. Could be whoever did the letter was an idiot and send the Word version which has a =today() function for the date in the template when they should have sent a PDF that would have fixed the date to the date if was converted. 

I am guessing your injuries were all soft tissue types that fall into the whiplash reforms? If so then the general damages are basically fixed by the legislation so that would give you a steer on what they are offering towards your special damages like the cost of the MRI
    Yes,all soft tissue so would fall in with the reforms as you say.
  • J3OEF
    Options
    Lavendyr said:
    J3OEF said:

£2300 – Gross Offer

Wait for the amended letter and sign that. 
    Have done. They still managed to get the address wrong. 

Amount also changed to £1620. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure