Sky Mobile - Increasing SIM costs

Options
I've been with Sky Mobile for a few years now, and have a contract for a Mobile and SIM separately with them. The SIM is going up next month. For 20GB, it's going from £10/month to £15/month (I expected this from the contract, but it's still quite steep).

They're giving me the option to change. I've tried contacting on a Live Chat to ask if they can reduce the price or give me a better offer, they've said no, and that the best offer is one they gave in the email which is £12/month for 25GB. (I don't use 20GB, so definitely don't need 25GB).

Does anyone have any experience with Sky Mobile, are they more likely to reduce the price/give me a good offer if I call them? I hate calling so avoid it at all costs pretty much.

Thanks!

Comments

• Peter999_2
    Peter999_2 Posts: 989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is very expensive.     I have a spare SIM with Sky that I use and pay £1.50 for (it was originally a SIM and a phone).  It's really a backup for in the car.     It used to be £1 a month but they raised it to £1.50.     When I phoned to cancel, I spoke to a chap who couldn't put it back down to £1 but he just gave me a credit for enough until the end of the contact so I was happy with that.

Are you out of contract soon?   I always recommend people to go with Smarty if you get a good three mobile UK signal.   They even offer free data roaming in Europe (though it is capped to 12GB).
  • SolBl
    SolBl Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah, the main reason I'm with them is because I have a Mobile contract for my phone too (which is very cheap in comparison to others). Yeah, I'm out of contract early next month, so need to make a decision soon! I did look at other carriers but Sky's piggybank feature is very useful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback