Joint current account 2 savings account

Options
I have a joint BoS vantage account with my wife and opened a BoS Regular Savings Account at 5.5% interest and thought, can my wife open one as well.

So I logged in as her and yes I could so I now have 2 regular savings accounts paying 5.5%.

There is only one problem, whoever is logged in cannot see the other persons savings account though of course we can both see the current account.

Is there any way that we can see each others savings account?

I also did that with our Santander account so I have 2 edge savings accounts with £4000 at 7%.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There is only one problem, whoever is logged in cannot see the other persons savings account though of course we can both see the current account.

If the login credentials are individual, as they apparently are, then it's correct that you won't be able to see accounts to which you're not a party, that's the way it should be!

The real world workaround, as you've already found, is to share passwords so you can log in to each other's accounts if you feel the need to do so, although this will be in breach of the bank's terms....
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a joint BoS vantage account with my wife and opened a BoS Regular Savings Account at 5.5% interest and thought, can my wife open one as well.

So I logged in as her and yes I could so I now have 2 regular savings accounts paying 5.5%.

I also did that with our Santander account so I have 2 edge savings accounts with £4000 at 7%.

That is correct, as the reg savers are SOLE accounts. As such only the party that is named on the account can see it 👍

Were the edge savings accounts joint? If not Santander are on dangerous grounds.
    Life in the slow lane
  • JohnSwift10
    JohnSwift10 Posts: 287 Forumite
    edited 27 March at 5:28PM
    Options
    Were the edge savings accounts joint? If not Santander are on dangerous grounds.

No of course not, I was using the royal I.

Both Santander and BoS would only let me have one account in my name.

That's when I got the idea to log on as my wife.

When we changed our accounts to joint accounts it was I who set up her log in details 

My wife has never in the years that we have joint accounts ever used a computer to sign into these accounts.

She just uses her credit card when she wants to buy something safe in the knowledge that I will take care of the bill.

Don't worry though, in the event of my not being around I have left very detailed instructions on how to access the accounts.

• Bizzywizard
    Bizzywizard Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    I have this with our joint first direct account.

DH savings account is attached to his phone and can see the main bank account.
    I just log on to the laptop and can see my savings and the account (I don't have a phone, hate them!)
  • pridehappy
    pridehappy Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If I remember correctly, I called Lloyds Bank and they allowed me to switch my regular saver into a joint current account with my partner, but it did take quite a few forms and mailing. However, I’m not sure if they’d allow you to keep 2 joint regular savers as there’s sometimes a limit of 1.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback