Recommend paint stripper for decking paint?

Options
Want to remove all the paint from our decking so we can move to staining instead.
However using the pressure washer a lot of the paint remains. I've had a google and seen to use paint stripper, leave to rest for 15 minutes and then pressure wash.

Currently has Ronseal decking paint - slate on it

Has anyone done this and can anyone recommend a decent paint stripper for the job?

Comments

• Eldi_Dos
    Eldi_Dos Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pressure washing paint stripper?

Make sure you are well kitted up with PPE.
  • ThisIsWeird
    ThisIsWeird Posts: 4,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 March at 3:51PM
    Options
    Are you sure the decking is in good enough condition to look good with a stain?
    Why do you not like the 'paint' finish - too even, too bland, too regular? Or just the wrong colour?
    How large is the decking area? Wire-brushing is always an option to remove the remaining stubborn bits, but can be soul-destroying - believe me... 
    I completely recoated mil's decking a couple of years ago, and finished it with Ronseal Ultimate Decking paint in English Oak (funnily enough, I was drawn towards the Slate or Charcoal, but it had to fit in with the Leasehold bungalow). Yes, it's a plain, solid colour, but looks pretty good. Bottom line - how long do you spend staring at your decking? (I went through quite a thorough process - happy to give details if needed).
    Just how much 'paint' still needs removing - do you have a pic?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback