How to watch Netflix and discovery plus without broadband

Options
blackstar
blackstar Posts: 364 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hi all

Sky accidently switched off our broadband and we have to wait two weeks for it to come back.
Sky said we can connect our phone to the home TV to watch discovery plus and Netflix. 
But can someone please tell me how I do this?  Thanks

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 March at 6:40PM
    Options
    You turn mobile hotspot on your phone on and it essentially acts as a router, you then just find it on your telly and watch that way.

Be aware though that watching streamed content is data hungry, if you are NOT on an unlimited or mega data package I would advise you not doing it for a long period of time.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 March at 6:08PM
    Options
    You just cast it to your TV...Exactly how will depend on type and model of Phone and TV

Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • la531983
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you cast Netflix to another device though?
  • blackstar
    blackstar Posts: 364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    la531983 said:
    You turn mobile hotspot on your phone on and it essentially acts as a router, you then just find it on your telly and watch that way.

Be aware though that watching streamed content is data hungry, if you are NOT on an unlimited or mega data package I would advise you not doing it for a long period of time.
    So do I log into my sky account on my phone and download Netflix on my phone?
  • la531983
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 March at 6:56PM
    Options
    blackstar said:
    la531983 said:

So do I log into my sky account on my phone and download Netflix on my phone?
    Erm no, how are you currently watching Netflix? Via your Sky box?

Simply go onto your Sky box, go to Settings, and then Status. It will then say Network Connection. Go to Network Setup, and you can then connect the Sky box to your phone (you will need to turn on mobile hospot on your phone first).

Its essentially changing the internet connection your Sky box is installed on.

Once you have done that you can watch it on your telly, but my caveats above still apply.

Without wanting to sound patronising if you are of a certain age you may want to get a young person to sort it for you lol.
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    la531983 said:
    Can you cast Netflix to another device though?
    I just click the 'Cast' symbol top right of whatever is playing on the phone and select whatever device I want it to play on. Very rarely do it but when I do it works.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family