IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN on Company Car

Options
My darling daughter was advised that she had a private PCN on her company vehicle. She ignored the PCN and the reminder, and now she has been told by her company that it has gone to debt recovery stage. Her employer just doesnt want the hassle so have suggested she pay it (£155). Having successfully fought off in court two bogus PCNs with inflated debt recovery costs in recent years, I am not keen for her to part with £155.

How should we proceed? Should we ask her employer to tell the debt company that she (my daughter) was the driver, and give them her address so they can pursue her directly and she/we can fight them in the courts?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 March at 6:33PM
    Options
    The Employer needs to stop being lazy and just transfer liability; they should have done ages ago!  They had enough clues in each letter how to do that.  Takes minutes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback