Driveway?

Options
So I get bored of my current chippings and I changed a slab which has more green on it due to the lack. Any new slabs won’t match up with neighbours other than a 3 grand driveway what else can I do?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Make it a feature. Paint something on it perhaps?
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • prettyandfluffy
    prettyandfluffy Posts: 729 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It would look a lot better if you pressure washed it,
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    Were the slabs all originally the same (i.e. same material, bought at the same time)?  If so, couldn't you just give them all a clean with a jet washer then they'd all look the same (well, near enough).
  • gadget88
    gadget88 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Were the slabs all originally the same (i.e. same material, bought at the same time)?  If so, couldn't you just give them all a clean with a jet washer then they'd all look the same (well, near enough).
    It’s a shared path so I could only do half a slab so never going to match up
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    gadget88 said:
    It’s a shared path so I could only do half a slab so never going to match up
    Do you get on OK with your neighbours?  If so, just ask them if they'd mind you giving it all a once-over with a jet wash.  Assuming you have a jet washer, of course !  It would seem to me to be the simplest solution all round.

• gadget88
    gadget88 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mid Terrance so more than 1 neighbour to ask. I did consider new slabs but simply won’t match a driveway seems easier but expensive. I have tried soapy water but little joy
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 March at 7:22PM
    Options
    gadget88 said:
    Mid Terrance so more than 1 neighbour to ask. I did consider new slabs but simply won’t match a driveway seems easier but expensive. I have tried soapy water but little joy
    I dont understand why you are bothered about them matching other homes. Just power wash yours and if other want to do the same then they can. It's not going to match the others  anyway if you put a new driveway in there.
  • Bookworm105
    Bookworm105 Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 27 March at 8:19PM
    Options
    gadget88 said:
    soapy water is a waste of money. Look at the countless videos on You Tube for patio cleaning and you will see professional use the chemical Sodium Hypochlorite - its common name is BLEACH !

Struggling to understand what help you are looking for on here.
    What is in the photo that is "shared" and so you can't (won't?) clean it
    Have you asked your neighbours if they would actually object to the flags being cleaned???
    It looks like there is a dropped kerb so presumably the tramlines allow off road parking, are you the only one able to do that or do others also have their own "driveways" - if matching bothers that much then why clean everyone's then they will all match and you may win friends 

Those are bog standard "council" quality slabs and would clean up a treat.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why on earth do you need to start so many threads about the same subject ???
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't make head or tail what you are talking about but if you got bored with your chippings then you need to be glad you have nothing worse to be concerned about!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback