CPP Card Protection

Options
I was a Card Protection customer for over 30 years and found it such a reassuring service that if my handbag got snatched or I was robbed on holiday that I only had to make one call and all my cards and documents were dealt with.  So I was really sad when CPP wrote and said that the product would be coming to a close at the end of February 2024.  I called them to see if they could recommend another company offering a similar service but they couldn't.  The banks don't seem to be offering anything either.  Does anyone know of a similar product to the one that Card Protection offered?  Would welcome any thoughts.  Thank you.

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 March at 5:29PM
    Options
    There are no similar services as they're all basically worthless. You can cancel the cards fairly easy these days and many banks allow them to be frozen online or in apps in seconds and you aren't liable for losses provided you aren't negligent 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BookwormL said:
    I called them to see if they could recommend another company offering a similar service but they couldn't.  The banks don't seem to be offering anything either.  Does anyone know of a similar product to the one that Card Protection offered?  Would welcome any thoughts.
    My understanding is that increased fraud and more stringent regulatory controls meant that financial institutions were increasingly reluctant to accept third party companies acting on behalf of their actual customers.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We used to get lists of cards to cancel from these companies. Often days after customer had already called to cancel.

MSE way. Make a list of all contact number to cancel cards keep in safe place.
    Life in the slow lane
  • BookwormL
    BookwormL Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your replies - I appreciate your thoughts.  I must admit - I'd forgotten about the card freezing option.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback