IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help. Popla appeal EUROCARPARKS

Options
Hi everyone. I have searched the forum to sort this ticket out but either the info is not there or my brain is not good enough to find it. Anyway long story short, entered this stupid eurocarparks as I do almost every weekend, sometimes i pay by the ringgo app which is more expensive than paying at the machine but this time around I have payed at the machine. I have spent 6 minutes to find a parking space and get the pay and display permit and unknowingly spend another 15 min to get out after the time ran out. Never have I intended to overstay as in my head I actually thought I had an extra hour that was the reason I didn’t rush back or buy some extra time.
First letter received from eurocarparks is here:

i have found the one size fits all template and used that for my first appeal:

Re PCN number: 

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle.

If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner.”

i have attached the p&d permis that shows when the time ran out and resulted in a 15 min overstay. They have rejected my appeal and never answered the last question regarding any grace period. Here is the email rejecting my appeal and granting another 14 days:

As for the carpark itself I have been back there to check if they have any sign in regards to the grace period but could not find anything. I will attach some photos of that as well. And yes this car park is a shithole, with 90% of the surface just potholes and uneven land but yet they still charge me for overstaying 15 min.

Please if anyone can help me to formulate a popla appeal I will send a beer to your pp. Otherwise if you think this is a lost case then I will just end up paying the £60. Thanks guys, have a great day.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just ignore them unless you want to try POPLA based on crap signs. I wouldn't bother and would sit tight and do nothing, unless you get a LBC from a solicitor, later.

No risk - as long as you don't go moving house without telling ECP to 'erase the old address'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DroidCondors
    Options
    Just ignore them unless you want to try POPLA based on crap signs. I wouldn't bother and would sit tight and do nothing, unless you get a LBC from a solicitor, later.

No risk - as long as you don't go moving house without telling ECP to 'erase the old address'.
    I was thinking to appeal it as so many others. Don’t want to get to that point where they take me to court and will need to pay double.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    But no-one pays.  We win defended cases.

POPLA is far WORSE than court and you likely won't win (hope I'm wrong).  I am not seeing POPLA grounds that their Assessors will like.
  • DroidCondors
    Options
    But no-one pays.  We win defended cases.

POPLA is far WORSE than court and you likely won't win (hope I'm wrong).  I am not seeing POPLA grounds that their Assessors will like.
    Is there a law about grace period? I was thinking to get more info on that. And why did they not answer that question.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 26 March at 6:35PM
    Options
    No.  Code of Practice only.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback