Easter weekend away - Hull

Options
I have booked and paid (no cancellation or refund) for an easter weekend away through booking.com at an apartment in Hull. Since looking at my booking, the apartment is no longer doing bookings via booking.com and has a single review stating that on arrival the booking was cancelled. I have now noticed there are several listing of the apartment, with the same photos but slightly different names, all with similar reviews. Communication with the host has been via what's app and they have reassured me that my booking exists and I will get check in details on the morning. The over arching company however has very mixed reviews and a brand new Facebook page since I made my booking. I guess as I have a no cancellation policy I have no choice but to get there on Saturday and chance it being OK, then find somewhere else if not. But any advice at all if it does go the way I fear it will? I paid debit card around 5 weeks ago and the website says booking.com control the payment. Thanks

Comments

• baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’d be concerned that you’re not getting check-in details until the morning you’re due in. When we’ve gone Airbnb we’ve usually received such details (keysafe etc) a good few days beforehand
  • Jgalley28
    Jgalley28 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I agree, in part - I have received key safe codes on the day before once cleaner has been in and no issues. But yes a reason I'm concerned - but as I can't get a refund if I cancel I don't think I have a choice but to risk it, and obviously don't want to pay for something else in advance in case it is OK as they have said it is. Would you agree?
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jgalley28 said:
    I have booked and paid (no cancellation or refund) for an easter weekend away through booking.com at an apartment in Hull. Since looking at my booking, the apartment is no longer doing bookings via booking.com and has a single review stating that on arrival the booking was cancelled. I have now noticed there are several listing of the apartment, with the same photos but slightly different names, all with similar reviews. Communication with the host has been via what's app and they have reassured me that my booking exists and I will get check in details on the morning. The over arching company however has very mixed reviews and a brand new Facebook page since I made my booking. I guess as I have a no cancellation policy I have no choice but to get there on Saturday and chance it being OK, then find somewhere else if not. But any advice at all if it does go the way I fear it will? I paid debit card around 5 weeks ago and the website says booking.com control the payment. Thanks
    I have never tried AirBnB but I did recently read of someone who booked well ahead. Shortly before departure, they emailed the owner to confirm arrival details and was told that the owner had sold the property several months earlier!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback