New Boiler - interest free credit options

Options
Gengis
Gengis Posts: 33 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hi - my boiler is leaking and needs a new manifold price quoted £531 which I thought was high.  It is an old boiler so thinking about getting a new one on interest free credit.  The only ones i know of is British Gas or Tower Heating - anyone have experience of these?  Or recommend anyone I am in the North West. thanks Steve 

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Boxt, Heatable, Eon, and others all offer interest free credit. You'd probably be looking at around £2400 from most of them unless you go for a budget boiler.
    I'd also suggest contacting Octopus and asking about a heat pump - I had a quote of £2700 which included new radiators, hot water cylinder, and some plumbing work (all subject to a survey). If that had been available last year when I had a new boiler, I would certainly have considered a heat pump. And with the rules on insulation upgrades being relaxed, I think I would have gone with Octopus.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Gengis
    Gengis Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you very helpful
  • ecraig
    ecraig Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don’t rule out money purchase interest free credit cards that may come with a small transfer fee such as 3% etc.
    It may be financially beneficial depending on how many months you would like to pay the money over, especially if a local installer is significantly cheaper than the interest free offer from the installers mentioned above. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback