Faulty tv remote bought.

Options
anotherquestion
anotherquestion Posts: 381 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post

Hi folks, 

I bought a Samsung TV remote control,  the power off button doesn't switch off the TV, so messaged the seller twice, which he has ignored. 

The item is actually showing on my Ebay as not delived yet, it has of course (only good thing he did send it quick enough) but as stated if it won't power off tv, not much good to me.

Not a great deal of money £3.99 but still I either want him to pay for return postage as per Ebays rules for faulty goods, and then send me one that works, or else refund me.

What is the best way to open a dispute about this on Ebay, even if item is showing as not yet reached me?

many thanks

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just open a dispute- it's simple. Use the SNAD option not working (or similar wording). Seller can't ignore the dispute and either has to provide a tracked label or refund you. If they do neither then you will get an escalation date at which you can ask ebay to step in, and they usually just close it in your favour and refund out of the sellers monies.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback