Janus Henderson online ID verification

Options
I have had ISAs invested with Janus Henderson for many years. Today I received a letter asking me to submit ID for verification - usual stuff, passport or driving licence plus address ID. One of the options was to do it online via a mobile app.

I am not really into smart phones..... set up an online account on my desktop with no great issues. Then finding the online verification link it sent a text with a custom link for verification which I had to open on my mobile - and login again.... The easiest option seemed to be to take a photo with the mobile of my driving licence, they then prompt for a selfie of yourself to compare it with that on the driving licence. I spent the best part of half an hour.... trying to hold the mobile still and positioned over the driving licence was not that easy and after four goes seemed to have got it. Then prompted for a selfie, which it seemed to take then sat there saying 'please wait' for ages before producing an error. I imagine trying to compare the tiny photo on the driving licence with muggins in real life was a bit too much for their computers....

Has anyone had success with this app, maybe choosing the passport option with a larger photo is better, or will I end up sending real paper documents? Getting these certified with their limited list of allowed people is far from easy.

What sounds quick and easy is far from it, at least for me.

Comments

• Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thousands of people had this issue with Chase bank a while ago.
    I would call them and ask for advice.
    Not sure which bank it was but they sent me a link to email, secured link to upload to.
    Then I scanned my license, took selfie with iPad, phone will do.
    Uploaded to link.
  • spenderdave
    spenderdave Posts: 673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. After several more unsuccessful attempts, even their 'upload document' service produced an error, I gave in and posted the documents off - managed to do it with all originals, not needing signatures. Conclusion is that their whole site is buggy - it prompts me for my marketing preferences every login and tells me I need to set up a linked bank account when I have already done that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback