Help choosing a SIPP provider.

Options
Hi there,
I have a company pension with Aviva (£1500) through employment long time ago and A J bell LISA with £13000.
i want to open a SIPP account.
my questions are:
1- what is the best provider say my pot will be between 50 to 100 K in the coming ten year using one word index fund?
2- is it advisable to open my SIPP with same provide A J bell?
3- will it easy to move my aviva pot to my new SIPP account ?
Thanks 

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 March at 5:16PM
    Options
    for smaller amounts you are better off using a provider whose fees are based on a percentage of the value of the pot. Later you might build up enough to make it worth moving to one with fixed fees.
    No need to keep LISA and SIPP with same provider - although it might be cheaper to do so.
    It should be easy to move the Aviva pot as long as it doesn't have any protected benefits.

Comparison tables start about halfway down:

Find the best & cheapest SIPP in 2024 (moneytothemasses.com)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sam3007
    Sam3007 Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MallyGirl said:
    for smaller amounts you are better off using a provider whose fees are based on a percentage of the value of the pot. Later you might build up enough to make it worth moving to one with fixed fees.
    No need to keep LISA and SIPP with same provider - although it might be cheaper to do so.
    It should be easy to move the Aviva pot as long as it doesn't have any protected benefits.

Comparison tables start about halfway down:

Find the best & cheapest SIPP in 2024 (moneytothemasses.com)
    Thanks. It seems A j bell fees would be cheaper then Platform fee: 0%-0.25% (funds) 
    Compared to Hargreaves Lansdown
    0.1%-0.45% (funds) 
    if I go with A J bell, do I get the FSCS protection of £85,000 twice for each of the SIPP and LISA?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback