IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CNBC -DCBL UKPC

Options
I would appreciate some advice please.
I have been going through the process with CNBC and got to the Direction questionnaire stage in November 2023 which I have completed and sent via email and recieved an automated reply confirming receipt.
I then received a default judgment 3 weeks ago and have been back and fro on the phone who are extreme unhelpful. They have asked to email the proof that I have sent the questionnaire and the automated email confirming receipt which I did but the are not progressing the case to a manager as they say they would.
I feel strongly about this and was happy to properly fight this in court with the evidence I have but now I really don’t want to have this judgment on my file when the 30 days pass without paying. CNBC have been extremely unhelpful so far even though it is completely their fault that they have not processed the DQ.

I would very much appreciate the advice 

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 March at 4:19PM
    Options
    Put in a formal complaint by email to one of the new emails listed in the black columns in the Template Defence thread first post.

Ask for compensation and tell them they've wrecked your credit rating for no reason and have caused huge anxiety and fear of bailiffs, despite you doing everything right.

This is sadly common and they are offering three figure compo. Push for £250.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MRMD212
    MRMD212 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Put in a formal complaint by email to one of the new emails listed in the black columns in the Template Defence thread first post.

Ask for compensation and tell them they've wrecked your credit rating for no reason and have caused huge anxiety and fear of bailiffs, despite you doing everything right.

This is sadly common and they are offering three figure compo. Push for £250.
    Thank you

After many hours trying to call I have finally got an email from what I believe is a manger stating the he has  'Set the Judgment Aside against me' but need me to urgently resent the DQ which I just have.

I just want to be sure that there is nothing else to be done and given I am within the 30 days of the default judgment  then it will never go on my record unless it is reinstated if I fail the case and not settle within 30 days?

Thanks again for the invaluable advice.

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    To help others please tell us the email that works for that complaints manager/team.
  • MRMD212
    First Post
    Options
    The first email I sent the DQ to was:
    CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk

They have acknowledged receipt but nothing else and 3 month later I got the default judgement.

When I called the customer service number I was asked to email screenshot confirmation to:
    caseprogression.cnbc@justice.gov.uk
    For the attention of Manager.

over 2 weeks later, after some further calls I eventually received a reply from:
    DQ.CNBC@justice.gov.uk
    Confirming they have the judgement have been set aside and requesting me to resent the DQ.

I have now also received a letter and confirming that the judgement have been set aside.

What an unnecessary headache 
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    When I called the customer service number I was asked to email screenshot confirmation to:
    caseprogression.cnbc@justice.gov.uk
    For the attention of Manager.
    Very useful for others, thankyou. 
  • MRMD212
    First Post
    Options
    No problems

So to confirm, do I now just have wait for court date from my local court?
    Whats the process after that and rough timeline ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    All is explained in 'IMPORTANT: KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN' in the NEWBIES thread.
  • MRMD212
    First Post
    Options
    could you please put the link to this thread here 

Thanks 
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 21 April at 9:50AM
    Options
    No we don't do that because the link is already here, twice, on this page.

This will help you far more than a link would.

In order to use the forum properly it is imperative that you know how to hop aroundand read other threads by using the breadcrumb trail link on every page.

See my signature below all my posts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback