DIY outdoor plug socket rcd to indoor socket? regulatioin allowed?

Options
my summer house got a few sockets, I want to connect one of this indoor socket to a outdoor plug socket(buy it from B&Q), is it allowed for DIY?
I believe I need conduit to protect the wire before it reach the outdoor socket.
I also find an exposed wire for the pound pump, it was installed by previous owner or installer. 

https://www.diy.com/departments/ip66-outdoor-2-gang-double-13a-uk-plug-socket-30ma-rcd-garden-enclosure-box/5056581978370_BQ.prd

Comments

• GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think that is one element subject to Part P which you can do yourself but would need building control sign off. 
  • daivid
    daivid Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The socket you plan to buy is fine, my concerns would be to what and how you would be connecting it. Has the summer house been wired properly in the first place or would this socket end up as a spur off a spur (off a spur…) or the end of a daisy chain of extension leads? If you are not sure the cost of getting an electrician to do it would be well worth it.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The rules for what is notifiable are different between England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, thanks to devolution.

It makes a big difference how you intend to wire it in.  In England, a new circuit is notifiable to the council, but adding a socket to an existing circuit usually isn't.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback