Complex issue with SOLAR PV

Options
Hello All,

Installer has installed Solar pv while they lost MSC Certificate after I signed the contract.

The flat roof and pitch roof installation has been incorrect as per MSC. 

Now, Pigeon is getting trapped inside and not able to come out. Meanwhile, I have received a full refund of payment. 

Now pitched roof installation has cause verge to damage and I have to pay for it.

Please advise me going forward 

Should I ask someone to remove the system? How much might it cost me to remove?

Is there any chance to recop money to uninstall from Installer?

Should I try yo fix it? I am worried about flat/pitched roof damage because of the high wind.

Keeping will cost me, and it might cost afterwards!

Meanwhile,  I am struggling with finance as well.

Please advice me.

Comments

• Oscarmax
    Oscarmax Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Let me try to understand you still have the PV solar system and the installer has given you a full refund? due to the installation some damage has been cause the the verge. Was the roof in a good state of repair before the installation.

As regard pigeons nesting behind the panels a tradesperson/roofer could easily chase the out and installed some wire netting and repair any damage to the verge.

I don't understand the installer has return your money you could easily use that money to carry out these minor repairs.

12 x 370 Watt J A panels Solis 3.6 invertor. Solax AC invertor and 5.8 triple battery
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Exiled_Tyke Posts: 1,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If the system is producing electricity which can use but it has been fully refunded then even thought you can't sell electricity back to the grid you seem to have some out of this pretty well. As @Oscarmax says,  get the repairs done and some pigeon netting installed and enjoy free leccy. 
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • Oscarmax
    Options
    I believe Octopus will now allow export without an MCS certificate, how did they manage to lose you certificate its all registered now online ?
    12 x 370 Watt J A panels Solis 3.6 invertor. Solax AC invertor and 5.8 triple battery
  • virenpatel25
    virenpatel25 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Installer lost accreditation after I signed the contract.

Credit card company has refunded me.

As it is not MCS certified, the flat roof and pitched roof is close to verge. The flat roof panels might cause issue during winter storms.

There is no separate mcb for solar.

The battery running flat during winter due to com issue with the inverter.

It is free for now but i am concern that there could be significant cost in the future.
  • virenpatel25
    Options
    Not sure should I keep non mcs certified system?
  • paul991
    paul991 Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    last 2 items  should be very simple to sort out ,separate mcb a local electrician should be able to give a price. if you give makes of inverter and battery  you may  find some one on here with a similar set up might advise. Pics of the set up might help (including the panels)

• Spies
    Spies Posts: 2,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Is the installer going bust? As they could still come back and take their equipment back as you've done a chargeback? 
    4.29kWp Solar system, 45/55 South/West split in cloudy rainy Cumbria. 
  • Oscarmax
    Options
    Spies said:
    Is the installer going bust? As they could still come back and take their equipment back as you've done a chargeback? 
    If the installer does come back insist on inspecting their public liability insurance to check both it validation and possibility of a claim. I would also demand they make good.
  • virenpatel25
    Options
    paul991 said:
    last 2 items  should be very simple to sort out ,separate mcb a local electrician should be able to give a price. if you give makes of inverter and battery  you may  find some one on here with a similar set up might advise. Pics of the set up might help (including the panels)

Spies said:
    They have not gone bust. I don't mind if they comeback and take the system.
  • virenpatel25
    Options
    Oscarmax said:
    Spies said:
    If the installer does come back insist on inspecting their public liability insurance to check both it validation and possibility of a claim. I would also demand they make good.
    Make sense
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure