Marrakesh

Options
R200
R200 Posts: 211 Forumite
First Post
Booked a break to Marrakesh

not sure if they will accept Euros and USD there as I can’t seem to get any local currency here in the UK?

im sure I can exchange over there but get ripped off with the exchange rate?

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You won't get ripped off changing money in Morocco - and they also have ATMs 
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 March at 8:25PM
    Options
    R200 said:
     I can’t seem to get any local currency here in the UK?

Morocco operates exchange controls. The currency needs to be obtained/exchanged there. Pegged against the USD. 
  • michele-p
    michele-p Posts: 820 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, we were there on February, we had a fee free Barclay card, got cash out at the airport, and there's plenty of ATMs around the main square too. We paid a few quid in fees from the machine. The currency there is Dirham and you can only get it once you arrive. Some might take Euros (our Rhiad did) and prices can be compared in Euros, but most traders also know the pound exchange rate too.
  • R200
    R200 Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We are in Morocco and left our car at Stanstead airport we paid just park me.

our car is tracked and we can see it being driven around. It has been moved three times today and we can see where it is at all times.

I have written to just park me demanding an explanation but no reply and I can’t get hold of them on the phone?

shall I call the police? Has it been stolen?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    R200 said:
    We are in Morocco and left our car at Stanstead airport we paid just park me.

our car is tracked and we can see it being driven around. It has been moved three times today and we can see where it is at all times.

I have written to just park me demanding an explanation but no reply and I can’t get hold of them on the phone?

shall I call the police? Has it been stolen?
    Nobody on here can tell whether it's been stolen without more information that you'll be party to, such as where it's been moved to - if it's just within or near the car park then that would suggest not, but if further afield then maybe, but I'd wait until you hear back from the parking company before deciding on any further action....
  • thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    As above, whilst worrying, if the car has not left the car park or gone far, I would imagine they are moving the cars around to fit the owners returning.  ie a rotation to make sure Mr & Mrs R200's car is gradually moved forward for your return.  If the car has gone further (which I hope is not the case) - take it further.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback