What's the best option for payment?

Options
2»

Comments

• Goudy
    Goudy Posts: 1,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I recently bought a new motorbike and  the banking app limited my first payment to a new payee to £2000. So similarly  I had to follow it up the next day with remaining funds
    My banks app has a limit of £10,000, (though typically first payments are lower and generally get hung up by the anti fraud team) but the app does make me wonder.

I can't transfer or pay above £10,000 on the app from my current account, but I have to use the same app for confirming it's me making a remote credit card purchase and I've repeated used it to confirm it's me for far more than the current account limit.

• luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goudy said:

Also, I seem to think S75 doesn't apply if the goods are faulty and still under the manufacturers warranty either, you have to take it up with the manufacturer directly.

I guess it's still worth doing if you can but it's also worth knowing that it's not a cover all for every occurrence. 

I absolutely agree - S75 is not a magic panacea that will cover everything.  Essentially it just gives you cover where a supplier has breached the terms of their contract.  Any warranty issues need to be taken up with the supplier in the first instance, it's quite rare that S75 would provide any sort of warranty cover.

For car purchases, it's more a case of giving you some peace of mind if the dealership goes bust after you'd paid for the car but before they deliver it.  Or if they simply fail to deliver the car you've paid for, that kind of thing.
    I suspect it's actually fairly uncommon that you'd need to make a S75 claim in relation to car purchases - but if you can get that extra little bit of cover, you may as well have it :)

No, it's not. However, if you made a warranty claim, and the dealership failed to resolve the issue, then you would involve the credit card company.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback