Chase standing order

Options
Just wondered if anyone has had any issues with standing orders and Chase bank.

In November 2023 I set up a standing order for £200, on my Chase account, to be paid into a regular savings account I had created for one of my grand children.

This was a monthly payment until cancelled.

In February 2024 I noticed that the £200 had not been paid into the savings account and I checked my Chase account for all outgoing payments.

As the £200 had not left my account in February, I checked my scheduled payments and there were none to be seen.

I contacted Chase and explained the situation and that I had not cancelled any standing orders.

They said the £200 was a one off payment but my statements clearly state that £200 was a standing order from November 2023 up until January 2024, so three regular payments then nothing for February.

I also have two other standing orders, one for £50 and the other for £25, both of these have been paid as they should be but neither of them are visible in the scheduled payments section of the app.

I was advised to set up the £200 standing order again but I have refused until I know why it was cancelled in the first place as my grand child lost out on interest because the regular payment was not made in February.

I am still waiting to hear back from Chase regarding this issue but just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this with them.

Comments

• RN61
    RN61 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    On May 1st I received Chase notifications that it had rejected first standing order payments of £400 & £250 to Lloyds savings accounts. Both had been set up two weeks earlier with no concern raised at the time. SMS said "we've stopped an unusual payment" in both cases. Payments made after making me waste time "going through security". 

Also on May 1st, Chase failed to make the 13th monthly payment of £2000 to a Lloyds Club account "Due to a technical issue" per SMS I failed to see as it was sent before the other two.

P. I. T. A. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure