Travel insurance worries

Options
Hi we have booked our first holiday abroad with children we only going to disneyland paris 

When it says have we ever been treated for things in the last 2 years does this include vomiting and sickness 

I was off for 2 weeks almoat from work due to a bad sickness and diarhea episode, also been off sick with stress in the last 5 years, was not given treatment but had a sicknote 

Simiarly husband went to a and e as he had swallowong issues due to a severe case of flu 

Do we need to declare all things like this 

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Read the wording of the question very carefully. They may say things like " do not mention minor infections" but otherwise tell them about everything they ask.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    If in doubt - declare it.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What exactly are you asked.

some ask for details of anything you have consulted your GP about on the last X number of years. 

If you have consulted your GP then you need to report it. 

Similarly  I would report the a&e visit as that is similar to a GP visit. 

If the insurance company don’t think these  indicate a higher risk of claiming then there won’t be any consideration for them.

It is better to report them than find out when you need to claim that the policy is void because you didn’t report them.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    sheramber said:
    What exactly are you asked.

some ask for details of anything you have consulted your GP about on the last X number of years. 

If you have consulted your GP then you need to report it. 

Some insurers seem to use this clause as a handy money maker.  I informed them of some tests my wife had, and the fact that all results came back within normal limits.  I was told that this would have no effect on the premium but there was a £20 fee for noting on the policy.  Not a bad rate for literally 2 minutes on the phone.

• essex_1988
    essex_1988 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So ive just tried to ring to ame d it and honestly they are useless the girl on the other end didnt realky know if i neede to add it and was speaking so fast, if i cancel this now and just go woth another provider will it cause me any issues?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback