Fees offers re-instated anyone? after over a year

Options
As above, just wondering if anyone out there has been offered discounts on their fees again after a length of time with none.

Mine have been stopped since February last year.  Was hoping when Feb came around again (1 year) I would get them again but No!

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    moonpenny said:
    As above, just wondering if anyone out there has been offered discounts on their fees again after a length of time with none.

Mine have been stopped since February last year.  Was hoping when Feb came around again (1 year) I would get them again but No!
    I have seen very little mention of people not getting offers for so long, most seem to start getting offers again in a few months - or, possibly just stop mentioning it.. On a lot of boards a fairly high percentage of sellers not getting offers have a reason , not all, but quite a few. The ebay community boards are easiest as a lot of people post using their actual account rather than a posting account so others can see their accounts  and sometimes spot poor stars, or obvious business sellers masquerading as private. You've already said this doesn't apply to your account, so I am at a loss now.

I do have one thought though - as your account is in good standing there is nothing preventing you opening another account, you just need a different email address - and can even use the same bank to withdraw payments. You may need to register a different card to make payments, when I set up my accounts all had to have a different card registered. Then start using that account, you will have limits on it for a while, but list things you know will sell - sell cheaply, buy a few bits and get a bit of good feedback behind you. There's a possibility that the new account will start getting offers within a few months. Set the account up ASAP , the faster you do the faster you are likely to get your selling limits raised and potentially free listing offers.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks soolin,  will consider another account but really don't sell enough to warrant 2 accounts.
    Sold 2 items last week (first sales from Christmas!) and paid full fees.

My account is all positive - 100% positive feedback, no returns or late arrivals etc and has always been that way. 
     I have also carried on listing even though paying full fees and have tried taking all items off for a period but nothing changes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback