Fast Track Reclaim fee request

Options
 fast track reclaim have contacted me today to say they want 197£ in fees for a ppi claim of around £700 from santander (store card related)i received in 2019.
but firstly i don’t remember using them (i could of clicked on a link to see if i have ppi maybe but cant remember) and secondly would like to know is there a cut-off date for them to bill me for this if i did? I have checked all inbox and have no paper work or emails etc from them until now, thank you any advice will be great.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    and secondly would like to know is there a cut-off date for them to bill me for this if i did?
    6 years in most cases.

Tell them you have no recollection of employing them and ask for evidence.     Almost certainly they will send you a e-signed document (wont have your wet signature).   Most of these seems to come from clicking on links, in particular via facebook.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback