Can anyone report an incorrect movie on PLEX?

Options
forgotmyname
forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Plex showed an advert supported movie called Hurricane Heist, curious how bad the adverts were on Plex we clicked it and
found the movie was totally different to the one listed. 

Instead of Hurricane Heist about weather it was a film Hurricane from the same year but about WW2 Polish pilots joining the RAF.
Tried joining the forum but it doesn't seem to like my internet or browser?

Wondered if anyone on here already had an account and could report it?  Thanks.

Just to be clear this is a Plex advert supported movie not a movie on my own system.   Not sure if the adverts are all the same but
they were every 10 - 15 minutes apart and lasted about 2.5 minutes, same adverts repeated MANY times...

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    Options
    You can contact them yourself:

But on your wider point you'll probably find, Plex being an American company, uses the release titles for the US market rather than the UK one, which doesn't make it the "wrong" film, and they're sort of dependent on the metadata and file the studio give them, so if its wrong at source it'll be wrong everywhere else

That particular film is probably this one and you'll see it has one name in the UK and a different one in the US:

Suggest looking up on IMDb as if you search for the alternative title of something it'll take you to the right film.

• forgotmyname
    Options
    It's the wrong film because the name and description and even the cast are all for the Hurricane Heist where the actual film
    being played is  Hurricane   (Mission of Honour) on the IMDB image.  Thought it was strange when it started with WW2 stuff
    when it was supposed to be a fairly modern film.

The contact gives Billing, Legal and technical.  Technical says it cannot be done via email and it neither Billing or Legal so I
    am stumped because joining the forum fails every time I try.

Thanks.

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    Options
    Then you're doing something wrong because I've just gone straight there, signed up for an account and had no issue whatsoever.
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 678 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Same here , very straight forward to set up an account.

Op it's no different to signing up to an account on here and you had no problem doing that

• B0bbyEwing
    B0bbyEwing Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I know different to the OP but it reminded me - had all sorts of bother trying to get Plex to recognise the Clean movie with Adrien Brody. Insists on tagging it as some other movie called Clean. Have tried putting tags in relevant to the correct movie but this does nothing. 
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know different to the OP but it reminded me - had all sorts of bother trying to get Plex to recognise the Clean movie with Adrien Brody. Insists on tagging it as some other movie called Clean. Have tried putting tags in relevant to the correct movie but this does nothing. 

If it is on your server you can just force a match if it wont find it from the filename with year and tmdb number.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • forgotmyname
    Options
    Had to use a different device to login to the forum, seems it doesn't like my PC at all.

Had an email from the someone at Plex, they are passing it onto their streaming team.

I have had films go into the unknown list of labelled incorrectly on my own server and it's easy to change to the correct film, I also
    scan the duplicates every now and them because sometimes it gets missed if you add a film with a similar name or it uses
    a different name for different countries.

No option to report an incorrect film name on their streaming service though.

• Chickereeeee
    Chickereeeee Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    A few evenings ago, Film 4 had the 'The Italian Job', with the date and cast of the 1969 version listed. It was plainly the the 2003 remake.

It does happen.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure