Wrapper Insure Motorhome insurance

Options
Hi, I found this company via a comparethemarket quote, they seem reasonable and professional enough, but there isn't much information on them. I presume they are a broker and the actual insurance will be with a larger company, but I obviously don't want to go with them and end up with an insurance package that doesn't pay out for whatever reason.

It would be good to see what other people think.

Thanks

Comments

• Tucosalamanca
    Tucosalamanca Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The devil is in the detail with motorhome policies, it's important to buy what you need for your own circumstances.

I need a policy with £3,000 windscreen cover for example, not all offer this, Others might need full-timer insurance rather than the typical 365 day cover, or electric bike cover, or whatever.

I'm with Comfort and have been for many years. The policy is from AXA, who were fantastic when I needed to make a substantial five figure claim. The premium barely even increased afterwards.
    The quote has always been competitive, finding the absolute cheapest isn't important to me.
    I would always choose a firm with good working knowledge of motorhomes because if you ever need to make a claim that knowledge will pay for itself very quickly.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They're an intermediary in a niche product segment, it's not too surprising there aren't many comments. Not clear if they are a broker or an MGA or something else. 

They are tiny though, as of December 2022 they declared they had 2 employees. So as you surmise you almost certainly will be dealing with the insurer in the event of a claim etc. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback