TEMPLATE

Options
Hi I recently read about reclaiming bank charges on MSE was there a template letter for doing this? If not, can anyone give me the link to this article. It was recent and on the same email as reclaiming PPI for car finance. Thanks 

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I recently read about reclaiming bank charges on MSE was there a template letter for doing this
    Reclaiming bank charges (overdraft) ended in 2009.  The old article is still on site but obviously no longer valid.

Packaged bank accounts can still be complained about but the banks and FOS reject 9 out of 10 of these.   

Current financial hardship cases are still looked at but on a personalised basis and typically involve a phone call and evidence gathering.   Not really suited for template.

What bank charges are you referring to?

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dunstonh said:
    Hi I recently read about reclaiming bank charges on MSE was there a template letter for doing this
    Reclaiming bank charges (overdraft) ended in 2009.  The old article is still on site but obviously no longer valid.

Packaged bank accounts can still be complained about but the banks and FOS reject 9 out of 10 of these.   

Current financial hardship cases are still looked at but on a personalised basis and typically involve a phone call and evidence gathering.   Not really suited for template.

What bank charges are you referring to?

MSE still periodically put this on their weekly emails, not sure why really. It's the usual "joined up" thinking like taking money back from councils then putting in pothole complaints because the road wasn't repaired because the council has no money, because it's been paying money to their residents 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback