switching a halifax current account to tsb current account

Options
dreaMer001
dreaMer001 Posts: 45 Forumite
First Post
edited 21 March at 2:32PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
So, I access this link:
https://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/switching-bank-account.html

and there is a form. On the form it asks First name, Surname.

There is information on the form saying 'Please enter your personal details below. If these are details are different to those on your old account, this could delay your switch or cause it to be rejected'.

Current account (that is being switched) at halifax has my name as First name, Surname on bank statements for this particular current account. However, I didn't need to enter the name when opening account as halifax already has my First name, middle name and Surname on certain correspondence.e.g. mortgage account, reward current account.

Do you think halifax is just using the first name and surname for this current account even though they already have the middle name in the backend? As I said I never entered my name when opening the account. I have kept screenshots and can vouch for this. 

TSB current account that is being switched to has my name as first name, middle name, surname. So I entered First Name and middle name where it says 'First Name'.

when it comes to signing the form it says 'Please enter your name and email'

Dosen't say first name, middle name (if any), surname.

So I entered First name middle name surname.

If there is any issue relating to the name at what point of the switching process do I become aware? Switch takes 7 working days, so if I become aware that it's a no go, around day 2 then I probably still have time to switch to another bank (other than tsb) because my account at Halifax is due to be closed on 6 April. I've taken in to  account the two bank holidays coming up.

edit: just checked the halifax bank statements for all my accounts:
Reward current account 1  - First name initial Middlename initial Surname
Reward current account 2  - First name initial Middlename initial Surname
Reward current account 3 - First name initial Middlename initial Surname
current account 4  (closed a while ago)   -  First name initial Middlename initial Surname
current account 5  (the one switching to tsb)  -  First name initial Surname
current account 6 - First name initial Middlename initial Surname

Comments

• dreaMer001
    First Post
    Options
    So, I access this link:
    https://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/switching-bank-account.html

and there is a form. On the form it asks First name, Surname.

There is information on the form saying 'Please enter your personal details below. If these are details are different to those on your old account, this could delay your switch or cause it to be rejected'.

Current account (that is being switched) at halifax has my name as First name, Surname on bank statements for this particular current account. However, I didn't need to enter the name when opening account as halifax already has my First name, middle name and Surname on certain correspondence.e.g. mortgage account, reward current account.

Do you think halifax is just using the first name and surname for this current account even though they already have the middle name in the backend? As I said I never entered my name when opening the account. I have kept screenshots and can vouch for this. 

TSB current account that is being switched to has my name as first name, middle name, surname. So I entered First Name and middle name where it says 'First Name'.

when it comes to signing the form it says 'Please enter your name and email'

Dosen't say first name, middle name (if any), surname.

So I entered First name middle name surname.

If there is any issue relating to the name at what point of the switching process do I become aware? Switch takes 7 working days, so if I become aware that it's a no go, around day 2 then I probably still have time to switch to another bank (other than tsb) because my account at Halifax is due to be closed on 6 April. I've taken in to  account the two bank holidays coming up.

edit: just checked the halifax bank statements for all my accounts:
    Reward current account 1  - First name initial Middlename initial Surname
    Reward current account 2  - First name initial Middlename initial Surname
    Reward current account 3 - First name initial Middlename initial Surname
    current account 4  (closed a while ago)   -  First name initial Middlename initial Surname
    current account 5  (the one switching to tsb)  -  First name initial Surname
    current account 6 - First name initial Middlename initial Surname
    Update: just received (about an hour ago) an sms from tsb. It says 'We can confirm switch will complete on 2024-04-03. Please contact 03458357838 if you have any questions. From the TSB switchers Team".

So, presumably, switchers team has checked the form and name is in order.
  • dreaMer001
    First Post
    Options
    Update: Halifax current account 5 successfully switched to TSB without hiccups on 03 April as anticipated. received an sms from TSB switching team on that day. Also the balance from Haifax current account 5 was transferred across on that day. 
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good news that that all worked - though there was little doubt that it would. You were over-worrying a bit!

Just first and last name would probably have been fine - that's usually all I use for my (many) past switches even if a middle name is known to the bank.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback