Royal Mail Collection Error

Options
So I ordered a parcel via Asos through one of their 3rd party brands, Berghaus. It was a coat worth £140, I also ordered the same coat in a different size via a different company. The Asos package arrived and I immediately booked a collection for return as the other coat was the correct size.

Royal Mail collected the parcel on 19th Jan 2024, however the impatient postman didn't give us 2 mins to get to the door (Royal Mail specify that dogs must be locked away for the postie's safety and it took around 1 minute for us to put the dog away), in that short timeframe the postman selected the "sorry we missed you" on his device, however we still got to the door before he ran off and gave him the parcel. He took the parcel away however, I never got a confirmation of collection email, I only have the 'sorry missed you' one.

Since, Asos haven't confirmed receipt of the parcel and so I have been in touch with them multiple times over the last few months to relay this issue but, they say they can't do a single thing without a royal mail tracking number.

I have raised a case with Royal Mail also, who have admitted the postman scanned it incorrectly and they did collect the parcel but, as above I need an actual reference number for Asos to track but, Royal Mail are saying that 'normally' companies would raise a case using the case number for loss of product. I have tried each time to give Asos the case number but, they won't have it.

I've now just asked Royal Mail to return the package to me to which they're ignoring.

Asos customer service only use a chat system on their website, there are no customer service numbers or email to contact and Royal Mail phone hold time is 40 mins+ and reply on email is within 10 working days (which from this experience looks more like 3 weeks).

Needless to say, I'm fuming. I'm £140 down with nothing to show for it. This is essentially Royal Mails error and I'm paying for it.

Sorry this is a long winded rant but, does anyone know what I can do in this situation?

Comments

• swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Royal mail will not be able to return your package, that a non starter. It will either be lost somewhere in the postal system or back at Asos after 2 months. 
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you print the label?  The tracking number will be on that ( if you can look up the original label to print on your device)
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Money_Grabber13579 Posts: 4,267 Forumite
    Newshound! Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When booking the collection, did you not have to enter the tracking number on the returns label? If so, you should be able to find that again in the Royal Mail’s systems.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • se2020
    se2020 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The booking confirmation email will have the tracking number on it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback