Booking.com

Options
I've today booked a holiday apartment in June this year for 6 days via booking.com.  I have paid a deposit which was half of the booking price and received confirmation from booking.com with all the booking details.  I then had a message direct from the owner/agent that I had booked apartment 0, I emailed them back asking if 0 was a mistake and they said "your booking will most probably be cancelled as the rate was wrong and there's a problem between them and our software"

So I emailed  booking.com directly and they said "There was an error in the rate registered by xx Apartments for your booking number.

We are in touch with them to verify if they can confirm this rate or inform an alternative one.

We will get back to you as soon as they reply."

Are they now able to cancel this or increase the price?  Any advice welcome as I thought once a deposit was paid and confirmation received it was a binding contract.

Many thanks. x

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 March at 7:57PM
    Options
    Are they now able to cancel this or increase the price?  Any advice welcome as I thought once a deposit was paid and confirmation received it was a binding contract.

A contract will have been formed you are correct.  However it will only be as binding as the terms of the contract, and there will almost certainly be a clause in there for pricing errors and rectification.  If they can't offer it at the agreed price, and can't agree an alternative price with you then they would have to cancel the booking, and return you to the position you were in before the contract was formed - which means a full deposit refund.
  • marjesoutar
    marjesoutar Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bagand96 thank you for your information, I thought it was a bargain!  
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bagand96 thank you for your information, I thought it was a bargain!  
    Thats why the price quoted was wrong ,it was an error.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • basill
    basill Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 March at 10:38AM
    Options
    I had a very reasonably priced booking.com stay cancelled by the hotel the hotel said no rooms were available and hotel closed.   I had trouble finding an alternative that had ensuite and was in town centre.   Booking.com support were helpful,  and also refunded the difference as the replacement was more expensive.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback