Whats the difference between these two Allica accounts...?

Options
Forgive my ignorance but doesn't a current account have more features than a savings account? And generally speaking a current account would have a lower rate of interest than a savings account?

So for purely the rate of return only, I'm choosing the current account here...right?

Easy access save @ 4% https://www.allica.bank/business/savings/easy-access-deposit?_gl=1*pyn7gn*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAjw7-SvBhB6EiwAwYdCAZRWS-0LyGkwScn5oWv7eoC0CiXGu3WZZDK38vBhRMXXfSGPO3M9GhoCC9UQAvD_BwE

Current account @ 4.3% https://www.allica.bank/business-rewards-account/savings-pot/register-your-interest?_gl=1*pyn7gn*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAjw7-SvBhB6EiwAwYdCAZRWS-0LyGkwScn5oWv7eoC0CiXGu3WZZDK38vBhRMXXfSGPO3M9GhoCC9UQAvD_BwE

Seems to be the highest paying business account with instant access too?

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You've answered your own question - one is a business savings account and pays 4%, the other is a business current account and pays 4.3% on a 'savings pot' option only available with that account (the current account itself isn't paying 4.3%, it's the savings pot concept you get with it). The current account also offers cashback on spending.
  • jay_ftw
    jay_ftw Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I mentioned it in another thread about certain accounts not being listed on Moneyfacts but this is another, maybe because of the money pot though.

Have decided to go with the current account with the money pot though, there was a ceiling to the amount you can hold with the saver, plus the interest rate is marginally higher. 

My only scepticism is the lack of discussion around it, it has the highest rate of any business account out there however no one is talking about it. Same with the bank on a whole really, I'd never heard of them before.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback