Transferr My Wife To The deeds

Options
I own the house 100%b and my wife not on the deeds. Can i put my wife on the deeds and will their be any tax or stamp duty we have to pay.

Thanks

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 March at 6:22PM
    Options
    Its either form AS1, or AP1 you need to complete for the land registry.

There will be a fee to pay for this, around £100 depending on house value.

ID is also required, so a photo ID form, either (ID1/2/3) for each of you must be filled in by a solicitor, fees vary for this service.

No tax, no stamp duty.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Ferro
    Ferro Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The first thing that the solicitor should ask is if you wish the property to be held as joint tenants or tenants in common. 

There is a huge difference!
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TR1, plus ID1 X2 plus AP1.  Not an assent but a transfer.

SDLT not due if no other property held. Otherwise more complex.

Recommend you ask solicitor /licensed conveyancer to deal.

You are posting on a debt free forum, this could just be in error but if not bear in mind that a transfer for nil value can be overturned.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback