Making Life Insurance Claim

Options
Currently trying to make a claim for life insurance payout from Beagle Street. 

The policy was written in trust to the spouse of the deceased but the claim form is asking that we send away confirmation document to them.

Has anyone else came across this?

Comments

• Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You'll just have to do as they ask, unlikely there is any way to circumvent their requirements.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The life companies don't retain the trust documents.  So, its normal to ask for them on a claim.

Strange that it is in trust.  It is unnecessary between spouses as you can just make the ownership the correct way around.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    dunstonh said:
    Strange that it is in trust.  It is unnecessary between spouses as you can just make the ownership the correct way around.
    Wouldn't you normally put it in trust to deal with a simultaneous death of the insured and spouse?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback