Caught speeding, but not heard much

Options
sidindaclub
sidindaclub Posts: 7 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hi all. 
I was caught on a speed camera doing 54 in a 40 zone in London. The met police sent me a letter which I admitted and accepted I was the driver and I paid the fine £100. I wasn’t offered the course as I have done one 2.5 years ago but I have a clean license currently with no points.  Everything was sent off in time (signed form) and paid on time online payment within 28 days etc. 

Now the strange thing is that was all about 6 weeks ago. And I havnt been told that I have been given 3 points on my license now and I also havent been told they are taking me to court or anything. I havnt updated my insurance because I dont know the outcome. Should I chase anyone ? What if the letter got lost in the post and I do have 3 points but I don’t know about them. Would the DVLA know ? Have I been let off or forgotten about ? Thanks !

Comments

• facade
    facade Posts: 7,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Check your licence for points

I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Appart from paying the £100, did you also send off your licence details as directed to on the paperwork ?

I dont suppose you got a certificate of posting did you ?
  • Arunmor
    Arunmor Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 19 March at 9:52AM
    Options
    First time in over 20 years I picked up a speeding notice.  I have to still pay the fine.  The relevant bit for you is is  states:-

"fixed penalty of £100 and an endorsement of your driving licence with 3 penalty points".

Once I have paid the penalty I wouldn't be expecting them to contact me again.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wasn’t offered the course as I have done one 2.5 years
    No, you weren't offered a course because that speed is above the threshold for a course to be offered (53 in a 40).
  • sidindaclub
    edited 19 March at 10:31AM
    Options
    facade said:
    Check your licence for points

Thankyou - first response and you sorted it, much appreciated. Yes I can confirm I now have 3 points on my license :(
    Will let insurance know, just thoughti I would have been informed on the outcome / conclusion without me having to chase them. Probably got lost in the post !

thanks guys 

• sidindaclub
    Options
    No, you weren't offered a course because that speed is above the threshold for a course to be offered (53 in a 40).
    You can’t do the course within 3 years twice can you irrelevant of speed 
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can’t do the course within 3 years twice can you irrelevant of speed 
    Correct, but the first check would be the speed/limit. Only then would they check your course attendance record.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback