IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil enforcement parking fine

Options
Hi I've just got a parking charge and I have no idea why. I have never been on the premises and they have pictured my car from 1/3/24 to 2/3/24 right at the open wide entrance to a care home. The only reason I could think of is that I reversed at the entrance to turn in the road for those 2 days. I never waited not even for 10 seconds. What should I do? It was issued on 12/3/24.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March at 9:59PM
    Options
    It is not a fine.

Plan A is always a complaint from the registered keeper to the landowner and the keeper's MP, without identifying the driver. This looks like a classic double dip case where two visits were made but the scamera systems has deliberately been set to throw away two of the images to make it look like it was one long stay.

Plan B is to appeal using the template in blue text from the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES. Send it unaltered from the keeper.

Have you gone onto the CEL website as if you were going to pay, but obviously don't, to see what other photos there are?

Get photos of the site and signage and position of the ANPR scameras in case you need to make a second stage appeal to PoPLA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • gamer123
    gamer123 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Theres no pictures when I visit the website. Just the info like PCN details, owner info, and vechile info. And laughably the time i stayed which was 23hrs58 mins.

Half my car is literally on the public road. That's how far i went in just to make a U turn to go the other way on the public road. They pictured my car twice in the same position. This is ridiculous. But thanks for your help I'll be doing what you said. 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gamer123 said:
    Theres no pictures when I visit the website. Just the info like PCN details, owner info, and vechile info. And laughably the time i stayed which was 23hrs58 mins.

Half my car is literally on the public road. That's how far i went in just to make a U turn to go the other way on the public road. They pictured my car twice in the same position. This is ridiculous. But thanks for your help I'll be doing what you said. 
    Except I would NOT use a template appeal for this situation.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • gamer123
    gamer123 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A quick update : I phoned the care home and spoke to the manager. She asked me to email over the pcn and she will contact civil enforcement to get it cancelled. It is now cancelled. However civil enforcement has sent another invoice on another occasion so now gotta phone her back and email her all over again. These companies do my head in. Thanks for all your helps. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback