How far back can you go to make a complaint?

Options
2»

Comments

• DVT17
    DVT17 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 March at 9:54PM
    Options
    elsien said:
    Have you considered jobhunting elsewhere?

Because if the current situation is causing you stress and anxiety, then having a manager who’s even more !!!!!! off with you because you’ve tried to get them disciplined certainly isn’t going to help. 
    Yes I have but I'm been unwell for almost two years and I didn't think that this situation was bothering me that much but it's now clear that it is.  I don't want to leave until I feel better.  At least I know this job inside out and I have responsibility in an area which I want to move into and gained qualifications via distant learning. I'm going to see the doctor later this week and I may take a few days off. Ithink he'll have to give me something for anxiety.

My reading of the whole situation is that the source of the problem is this one employee has previous for it in relation to another staff member that left.  The guy who was disciplined with him is his brother-in-law and is an agency worker.  I have done some qualification within the company and I think that this angers them. Anyway, they would  never be able to do it from the point of view of commitment.  Our manager also failed it on two occasions before passing. The source of my problem is well built man and many find him intimidating including our manager.  But I don't. :-:smile: So there's jealousy mixed with fear and intimidation.  What a strange situation to be in!

It has actually made me feel a little better talking about this.  I don't share it with anyone except my cousin who's no overseas.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 March at 9:41PM
    Options
    DVT17 said:
    elsien said:

Because if the current situation is causing you stress and anxiety, then having a manager who’s even more !!!!!! off with you because you’ve tried to get them disciplined certainly isn’t going to help. 
    Yes I have but I'm been unwell for almost two years and I didn't think that this situation was bothering me that much but it's not clear that it is.  I don't want to leave until I feel better.  At least I know this job inside out and I have responsibility in an area which I want to move into and gained qualifications via distant learning. I'm going to see the doctor later this week and I may take a few days off. Ithink he'll have to give me something for anxiety.

My reading of the whole situation is that the source of the problem is this one employee has previous for it in relation to another staff member that left.  The guy who was disciplined with him is his brother-in-law and is an agency worker.  I have done some qualification within the company and I think that this angers them. Anyway, they would  never be able to do it from the point of view of commitment.  Our manager also failed it on two occasions before passing. The source of my problem is well built man and many find him intimidating including our manager.  But I don't. :-:smile: So there's jealousy mixed with fear and intimidation.  What a strange situation to be in!

It has actually made me feel a little better talking about this.  I don't share it with anyone except my cousin who's no overseas.
    Now I’m just confused because in the previous post this was affecting your mental and physical health, now you’re saying it might not be. And you don’t want to leave till you feel better, but if it is the job making you feel unwell then it’s not going to get better is it? 
    I don’t think you’re really going to listen to anything anyone on here is saying because you’ve already decided in your own mind what’s going on and what you want to do about it. So on the grounds, I have nothing further useful to add, I’m out. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • DVT17
    DVT17 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elsien said:
    DVT17 said:
    elsien said:

Yes I have but I'm been unwell for almost two years and I didn't think that this situation was bothering me that much but it's not clear that it is.  I don't want to leave until I feel better.  At least I know this job inside out and I have responsibility in an area which I want to move into and gained qualifications via distant learning. I'm going to see the doctor later this week and I may take a few days off. Ithink he'll have to give me something for anxiety.

Now I’m just confused because in the previous post this was affecting your mental and physical health, now you’re saying it might not be. And you don’t want to leave till you feel better, but if it is the job making you feel unwell then it’s not going to get better is it? 
    I don’t think you’re really going to listen to anything anyone on here is saying because you’ve already decided in your own mind what’s going on and what you want to do about it. So on the grounds, I have nothing further useful to add, I’m out. 
    Sorry....I used 'not' instead of 'now'.  'It's now clear that it is'.  I thought that (along with the medical profession) that my symptoms were likely linked to my Rheumatoid Arthritis.  It often goes hand in hand with other co-mobirdities.  But they've ruled out that my symptoms are unlikely to be neurological in nature andsoon.  

In actual fact, replies here have made me take a step back and  maybe try and find another way out.  Probably another job.  Thanks for your time.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,679 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To return to your original question

Unless HR are looking for reasons to discipline the manager, I cannot see they'd be interested in this, 18 months after the event.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • krusty101
    krusty101 Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don’t see that the manager would be disciplined now for what he did or did not reveal way back when, but you are clearly being bullied by your colleagues so I would be putting in a grievance. Don’t count on it changing anything though, they might just get worse. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback