Sunday morning before 12noon is this Congestion charge free in London

Options
BlueonBlue
BlueonBlue Posts: 62 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
edited 17 March at 8:46AM in Motoring
Is sunday morning congestion charge free 
I assumed Sat Sun 12.00-18.00 means Lunchtime 12 noon till 6pm ?
Is that correct meaning you pay from 12 noon lunchtime till 18.00 hours so outside those hours or times are free
TFL doesnt use am or pm to be clear .

Comments

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,601 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is that correct meaning you pay from 12 noon lunchtime till 18.00 hours so outside those hours or times are free
    From a TfL document:
    Charging Day for the Congestion Charge - means every Monday to Friday between 7am and 6pm and every weekend or Bank Holiday between 12 (noon) and 6 pm; with the exception of the following non-chargeable days (inclusive): Christmas Day (25 December), the immediately following New Year Bank Holiday and every day between them.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• BlueonBlue
    BlueonBlue Posts: 62 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March at 9:05AM
    Options
    I couldnt find anywhere that states on sunday you pay from lunchtime 12 noon till 18.00 hours
    Goggle brings up its chargable from 12.00 to 18.00 on sat sun but does not indicate am or pm 
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    We are one of those countries that likes to mix up our use of 12 and 24 hour clocks, but you are correct this is the 24 hour clock. If they were using the 12 hour clock there would be no leading zeros and the am / pm suffixes should be in place.
  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March at 9:17AM
    Options
    I couldnt find anywhere that states on sunday you pay from lunchtime 12 noon till 18.00 hours
    Goggle brings up its chargable from 12.00 to 18.00 on sat sun but does not indicate am or pm 
    There's no such thing as 18:00 am so if you see times like this they are obviously using a 24 hour format, which means 12:00 can only mean noon.
  • boxosox
    boxosox Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 March at 9:22AM
    Options
    "TFL doesnt use am or pm to be clear "

What do you mean?  12:00-18:00 literally couldn't be any clearer...

Unless you're confused if 12:00 is midnight or noon??  But you're old enough to drive, so you must know how to tell the time by now.
  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 547 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    boxosox said:
    "TFL doesnt use am or pm to be clear "

What do you mean?  12:00-18:00 literally couldn't be any clearer...
    Tend to agree

12:00 - 6:00. I would find confusing however
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 March at 11:06AM
    Options
    I am also a little confused as to what else 12:00-18:00 could mean, I thought , when I started reading this thread, that I had overlooked something obvious. There is no way 18.00 can be anything other than 6pm., it's a standard 24hr clock so it can't be that confusing otherwise we would all be querying what time our flights or trains left for instance.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • boxosox
    boxosox Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    soolin said:
    I am also a little confused as to what else 12:00-18:00 could mean, I thought , when I started reading this thread, that I had overlooked something obvious. There is no way 18.00 can be anything other than 6pm., it's a standard 24hr clock so it can't be that confusing otherwise we would all be querying what time our flights or trains left for instance.
    And in the format "12:00 to 18:00" there's nothing else 12:00 can be, either.

If it was midnight it would read "0:00" or, more likely, "midnight".
  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also, why in earth would a congestion charge need to apply at 4 am on Sunday morning, but not 6:30 pm on Sunday evening? These things can sometimes feel a little bit counter-intuitive or contentious, but they're generally not completely insane.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Why would it use am/pm when using the 24hr clock? What would 18:00 am mean?

It's 12:00-18:00 or 12pm-6pm... personally the 24hr clock is much less ambiguous. The congestion zone also corresponds unsurprisingly to the opening hours of most major shops in the zone. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback