Accessing Euros without Forex

Options
I run a small business with a lot of overseas travel in cash only countries. I have a Euros account with Starling but after much research they admit when I use the ATM's in Europe it takes cash from my Sterling account and converts it to Euros rather than take cash from my Euros account. Is there any way of accessing Euros or USD in cash without using a forex? Don't mind opening another account with someone if I have to.

Comments

• lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am going to suggest Wise for further investigation, but I have never had an account with them, but have perused  their offering.
    I understand you open an account say in Sterling, then fund that account. You can then have Euro and $ accounts. If you want money in those other currencies you move the money accros to the required currency. You will have to pay some fees/commission for the currency transfer.
    My understanding is you can get a debit card and use the app to select which currency account you want to spend from. Say you are in Europe and want to withdraw money, I believe you can set the debit card to take money from your Euro account.
    When you want dollars, you can set the debit card to use funds from the $ account.
    At least that is my belief.
    I see they also have a business account, but that seems more for sending and receiving money in foreign currencies. So you could get a personal card/account and get your company to reimburse you for any business related spend.
    HTH
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure