Options
Arklight
Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Friends,

Anyone bought a car from Cinch?

Good?

Bad?

My mate reckons they might be in financial trouble and warned me off. But they have a car I like the look of that no garage locally has an equivalent.

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 March at 2:26PM
    Options
    Tried Autotrader?

But from the likes of Cinch. Make sure that the servicing is done as per manufacture requirements. Many are not & as such warranty is void.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a Toyota. I understand as long as you service it with them once, you then get a warranty up until 10 years old. Even if it's been serviced outside the network. 

So, presumably, I wouldn't need Cinch's warranty anyway. If it was any other kind of car, I wouldn't consider it.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,527 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 March at 8:58PM
    Options
    Unless it is much much cheaper avoid Cinch and buy a Toyota from a Toyota dealer.  If Cinch is cheaper use the Cinch price to negotiate.
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 15 March at 9:43PM
    Options
    With Toyota the warranty is for 5 years from new and then is renewed each year if serviced by a main dealer up to 10 years/ 10k miles.  So if the car was serviced to Toyota standards up to 5 years then the warranty should be valid if the car is < 5 yrs old.

Not sure if the extended warranty is valid if the servicing has been external to the dealer network previously.  To be sure talk to a main dealer, may be you need to get it serviced by the dealer to get the warranty. Maybe…..
  • WellKnownSid
    WellKnownSid Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oscarward said:
    With Toyota the warranty is for 5 years from new and then is renewed each year if serviced by a main dealer up to 10 years/ 10k miles.  So if the car was serviced to Toyota standards up to 5 years then the warranty should be valid if the car is < 5 yrs old.

Not sure if the extended warranty is valid if the servicing has been external to the dealer network previously.  To be sure talk to a main dealer, may be you need to get it serviced by the dealer to get the warranty. Maybe…..
    Toyota got rid of the five year warranty when they rolled out the 10 year / 100k mile package.  Now three years.

Each Toyota service adds on another year.  If you book your service at 9 years 364 days old you'll have a warranty until the car's 11th birthday.
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Mutton_Geoff Posts: 3,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Arklight said:

My mate reckons they might be in financial trouble and warned me off. But they have a car I like the look of that no garage locally has an equivalent.
    Your mate may be confusing them with Cazoo. Cinch has huge backing as part of BCA, WBAC etc and have an efficient business model.

I still wouldn't buy from them though.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Arklight said:

Your mate may be confusing them with Cazoo. Cinch has huge backing as part of BCA, WBAC etc and have an efficient business model.

Cazoo is the one in trouble right now but those in the Cinch group are also posting huge losses each year.
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Mutton_Geoff Posts: 3,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chrisw said:
    Arklight said:

Cazoo is the one in trouble right now but those in the Cinch group are also posting huge losses each year.
    Cinch is not a group, it is a subsidiary of Constellation Automotive Group which is privately owned by TDR Capital (who are a heavyweight investor if you check who else they own).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDR_Capital

It's near impossible to examine the accounts of private companies as published accounts often don't reflect the true picture and constructive accountants can easily move losses sideways to other companies within their group.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure