Aldi Hedge Trimmer

Options
JimboGSD
JimboGSD Posts: 3 Newbie
First Anniversary
edited 15 March at 12:00PM in Praise, vent & warnings
2yrs ago I bought an Aldi Cordless hedge trimmer for if I remember correctly £35. It came with a 3yr warranty. It broke down at the back end of last year, I wasn't going to bother to claim for it, however I did this year, prior to the warranty expiring. I contacted the company that deals with Aldi warranties in Germany, and have nothing but praise for them. I could not locate the original receipt or find a lone purchase on a bank statement. They explained that due to that fact they could not issue a refund but instead replaced the hedge trimmer without question. The service I received was first class. Thank you Aldi.

Comments

• pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good to hear! I had similar some years back as a hard-up student when my £9.99 toaster broke after just over 11 months' use (12 month warranty). Argos replaced without argument. 

When I saw the title "Aldi Hedge Trimmer", I was expecting a vent, I'll be honest.  :D
  • oscarward
    oscarward Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Tbh Lidl are the same, they offer a 3 year warranty on a number of items. I’ve claimed a couple of time, they’ve never quibbled.
  • Vectis
    Vectis Posts: 692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But, I would be disappointed if a hedge trimmer only lasted 2 years given that, for most homeowners, they're not an everyday-use item.

Yes, customer services might be good, but I'd be wondering why something you perhaps only use a dozen times in 2 years has broken already.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback