Best time to book for last minute deal

Options
I am planning to go for easter break with family and looking to go out either 5th or 6th April.
When is best last minute deal arrive from experience 
 like 2 weeks before or wait even for last week ?
We are not fussed where we go as long as there is a beach, hotel and all inclusive 

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not sure last minute deals are as common as they were a few decades ago. In the past there were charter airlines and block hotel bookings so it was worth the holiday company getting anything rather than nothing for empty seats/rooms. With low cost carriers being more common now, seats tend to get more expensive closer to departure. Have you looked at the current prices for your dates? who is offering the best deals?
  • AAZ
    AAZ Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Both TUI and Jet 2 are offering similar rates 
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Schools holiday time - will be reflected in prices.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    AAZ said:
    I am planning to go for easter break with family and looking to go out either 5th or 6th April.
    When is best last minute deal arrive from experience 
     like 2 weeks before or wait even for last week ?
    We are not fussed where we go as long as there is a beach, hotel and all inclusive 
    You need to look as early as possible to get a baseline of what the prices are. 

Prices follow normal supply and demand rules so if things are nearly sold out the prices increase, if things are not selling the prices are reduced and when its gone its gone. I'd start looking from a month out but it's highly variable and you can be watching prices drop each week and then suddenly a few days later it spikes again. 

The way to guarantee a reasonable price these days is to book far in advance, late booking occasionally gives you an ok deal but its a gamble and perhaps you need to ask yourself why no one else is buying and the prices are being slashed. 
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    Options
    Tui have holidays starting from £380 each for 2 adults 2 children flying from Birmingham. Cheapest destination was Greece 
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    edited 15 March at 7:03PM
    Options
    We usually book 2-3 weeks before, for packages I don't think prices change that much in the last 2 weeks. You'll almost always find a good deal to somewhere booking late, although in the school holidays it might be a bit more. Though we went to the Canaries in the Easter school hols a couple of years ago for £400 each AI which I thought was reasonable, good place too. 
  • AAZ
    AAZ Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for advice, I have now booked through tui
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business