Shopping Surveys: Membership Scam

Options
Anybody received emails promising some incredible guaranteed prize for completing a survey about shopping?  I have received 2 recently: ostensibly from Screwfix and Sainsbury's. In both cases the 'prize' was substantial; I only had to pay £2 for shipment.
When you get to the page where you enter your details having done the survey there's some very small print which says the £2 is actually a trial 5 day membership of something called budgetload.app. This claims to help you with budgeting but it's more likely to wreck your budget,  Standard membership is £62.  A month.
It's clearly a misleading scam to sign people up for a service which seems pointless.  The email and subsequent pages have countdown clocks and say you have to act fast to take advantage; another red flag.  Although if you ignore it the countdown clock just resets.
Although the original email and survey are covered with the branding of the supposed suppliers it's very unlikely these companies would give permission let alone want to be associated with these scammers.
Avoid.

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you reported it to the governments "Rip off Tip off" website ?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I posted about the Screwfix one recently and someone else said they got the same message although they
    were being scammed for less than me which seems a tad unfair.   :)

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Anybody received emails promising some incredible guaranteed prize for completing a survey about shopping?

After reading the first line of the OP, it was already clear that it was a scam.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback