IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkingeye/dcbl PCN and Civil National Business Center Claim , defence help

Hi everybody, 
Can anyone here help me with the defence to CNBC please, I think I got no time now. I didn’t know it would be so hard. I thought first I can use my own words but found this forum and found it difficult. I am not native speaker btw. 
First of all this is about PCN from  october 2019 from parkingeye. I knew I had one ticket which I paid in feb 2020 in sum of 100£. In about six months later I have recived another notice about the same ticket . I complained about that via their website and they offered me to pay 25£ to close the case despite the fact that fee was covered in full. I had my prove on bank statement which I have sent . What I remember I sent them reply that I won’t pay twice for same ticket and the communication ended. But it was 4 years ago and don’t have any proof, only screenshot with confirmation that I send a complaint to them regard that ticket with ref nr. In 2023 I started receiving letters from dcbl to pay for the same ticket and one more I had no idea about ( from 2019 too) few days apart. I thought it was scam and ignored them. Then from one charge notice it came to three. I was in shock. Tried to contact them over the phone with no luck. When they started threatening me with court claim I contacted parkingeye again via complain website asking for evidence and why they threatened me with letters about parking charge I had no idea off. 
By the time they responded I received CLAIM from CNBC. 
Tried to write defence with my own words thru moneyclaim website but when submitting all my writing disappeared. Tryied to contact them over the phone with no luck. Same with DCBL. 
Few days ago I have recived a letter from Parkingeye in response to my complain. Thay said that they confirm that they recived a payment on 100£ on feb 2020 but it was different ref nr. That they got no trace of payment for another 3 parking charges( now is 4 all together!!) but this is the last sentence of the letter: 
“ Parkingeye can confirm that on this occasion, the outstanding parking charges have now been closed.” 
I contacted DCBL (luckily they call me back) they asked to send this letter over an email to them. But that I still need to proceed with court claim. 
I don’t know if I still need to explain everything or just provide with copy of this letter. 
Claim is for 2 PCN , which is weird as they stated that I didn’t pay for 3 now! And total for that is 564.12£ 

I would be greatfull for any help. 
Thank You 

Comments

• Kingsy02
    Kingsy02 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    Oh and an issue date for the claim was 28/02/2024 so I am verry late I suppose 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Kingsy02 said:
    Oh and an issue date for the claim was 28/02/2024 so I am verry late I suppose 
    You are not late.

With a Claim Issue Date of 28th February, you have until Monday 18th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 2nd April 2024 to file your Defence.
    That's almost three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute. 
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Kingsy02
    First Post
    Thank You so much for your time for responding I was panicking about time . 
  • KeithP
    Kingsy02 said:
    Thank You so much for your time for responding I was panicking about time . 
    But as I said, you must file an Acknowledgment of Service before 19th March.
    That's just a few days away.
  • Kingsy02
    First Post
    I just did it over moneyclaim. Thank You
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 March at 7:26PM
    Good.  Now use the Template Defence.

Show us the Particulars of Claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Kingsy02
    First Post
    Hi there are the particulars of the case, I stil don’t know how to start this defence🙈 
  • KeithP
    edited 22 March at 5:26PM
    You need to be aware that those Particulars of Claim are totally inadequate.

Particularly this bit...

So it is alleged that the driver 'breached the terms on the signs (the contract)'.

And that allegation is then explained in great depth repeated - 'Reason: Vehicle Remained On Private Property In Breach Of The Prominently Displayed Terms And Conditions'.
    [a rhetorical question: why does every word in that last sentence start with a capital letter?]

Nowhere in those Particulars is there any explanation of what the driver is alleged to have done wrong.

This will be an easy win.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Kingsy02 said:
    Hi there are the particulars of the case, I stil don’t know how to start this defence🙈 
    Yes you do, because the 3rd paragraph of the Template Defence links you to it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Kingsy02
    First Post
    Thank You, do I need to mention that parkingeye have send me a letter saying that they closed all of outstanding charges? This letter is a bit of a joke as there is no name or any options for further steps or anything and pcn ref are mixed up, and a date when I ‘ve payed the fee is wrong (should be 19/02/2020) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback