Lcwra- help me understand the assessment period please

Options
Hi I’m just a little confused as to when I will be receiving my first lcwra payment,

first Sick note 21st November 2023

received my letter to say I am entitled to lcwra on the 28th feb 2024

My assessment period is from the 8th-7th each month

I get paid on the 14th of every month

i I know it needs to be 3 full assessment periods so I’m assuming November/December doesn’t count?

but then we have Dec/jan jan/feb feb/march so am I right in thinking this is 3 and a half assessment periods? Should I not be receiving my lcwra on the 14th of this month? (It’s not showing on my statement) Please help I’m so confused!! I’ve read so much and as soon as I think I understand I’m confused again, I am dyslexic and dyspraxic so please be patient with me lol, thank you 

Comments

• HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 March at 12:08PM
    Options
    8th Dec- 7th Jan, 8th Jan-7th Feb, 8th Feb- 7th Mar will be the 3 periods, so first time you will get it is in April (8th Mar- 7th Apr.).
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • helennn92
    helennn92 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much :)
  • HillStreetBlues
    Options
    You will also get the benefit uplift in May (8th Apr - 7th May)   if your AP was a day earlier (7th-6th) you wouldn't have got the uplift till June.
  • helennn92
    First Post
    Options
    Ohh wow I didn’t know this, thank you so much!
  • helennn92
    First Post
    Options
    You will also get the benefit uplift in May (8th Apr - 7th May)   if your AP was a day earlier (7th-6th) you wouldn't have got the uplift till June.
    Sorry to ask more questions, but do you know if my payment will be backed at all as my first payment is technically after 4 assessment periods? I’m just a little confused, thanks for your help!
  • HillStreetBlues
    Options
    helennn92 said:
    Sorry to ask more questions, but do you know if my payment will be backed at all as my first payment is technically after 4 assessment periods? I’m just a little confused, thanks for your help!
    There isn't a back payment
    In April you will get your first lcwra payment for the AP 8th Mar- 7th Apr.
    In May you will get the benefit uplift for the AP 8th Apr- 7th May. The uplift is 6.7% but not on any House Element if you get that, That will also rise but it's based on the LHA.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    helennn92 said:
    You provided your first fit note in the middle of assessment period Nov/Dec, which doesn't count because it has to be 3 full assessment periods. 

First payment is at the end of the 4th full month because UC is paid 1 month in arrears. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback