Negativity in the workplace

Options
Lukeedwards88
Lukeedwards88 Posts: 54 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Our team has been together for some time and there's been a lot changes recently from above in the workplace (processes, redundancies etc) 

A LOT of people are now leaving, and there's a very negative culture seeping into the day to day.

Anyone experienced negativity in the workplace and how they managed to overcome it? 

Any tips appreciated, I am trying to support our manager in resolving the issue. 

This is obviously causing financial loss in the business etc 

Comments

• kimwp
    kimwp Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you researched managing change and uncertainty?
    Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

For free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Somebody needs to look into the reasons the number of leavers has increased and see what can be done to address the issues.  Not everything can be fixed.
  • Ditzy_Mitzy
    Ditzy_Mitzy Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, a few times.  I've always managed the situation by leaving!  As an employee, a negative environment caused by management isn't your problem to begin with and is unlikely to be something that you can remedy.  Your options boil down, in effect, to either enduring where you are or cutting and running.  Have you been looking for alternative work?
  • Charlotte_Ca
    Charlotte_Ca Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel and the situation you are currently at the moment. I've been there a couple of times and I can tell that it was challenging. 

What I found that it was working is that when I was enjoying the job, I was just focusing doing my job and if I had good colleagues I would throw a laugh with them to make us feel better. Then I would think, do I get my salary? Yes. Do I have money to pay the rent? Yes. Then I also had a few holidays coming up and I was focusing on that also to distract my mind. In general, I was thinking all the positives and what benefit I have from this role/company.

On the other hand, if I was not enjoying the job, then I would just resign. I have to say I don't recomend that because negative environments can exist everywhere, so I was trying first to to change the situation and then if it was not working then I was leaving. My health is important and if I was to lose my health then I wouldn't be able to work. But, if I could keep a good health then I can find another job.

If you've been there a couple of years then you have the advantage. But, if you are new that makes things a bit difficult.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback