Recommend insurance but not just any insurance. There is a must exclude…..

Options
Please recommend insurance company.  I want to avoid a company I’ve had dealings with who are employed as third party consultants to the main insurers.  My experience is backed up by trustpilot.  I want insurance company recommendations where the main insurance company doesn’t use/employ a company called - innovation group.  If there is no insurance company stating they don’t use IG, advise on how I can refuse to inc IG with my policy if there is any claim relating to environmental services that require their third party inclusion.  I’m very keen never to deal with IG again either directly or indirectly.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You ultimately have no way of definitively avoiding any particular outsourcer as companies change their strategies all the time and all deals are retendered periodically so whilst you may select someone today who doesn't use them that doesn't stop them using them tomorrow. 

Given they are now owned by Allianz you are probably best avoiding their stable of brands like LV=. They list Aviva, Axa and Zurich as their clients but that doesn't mean all policies written by these companies use them... many use a range of outsourcers depending on product etc. My own recent claim against Aviva was handled by Davies rather than IG. 
  • DibleyDog
    DibleyDog Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks.  I'm aware could change.  Just want to know the main ones to avoid and your list if v. thorough.  My experience of using IG as a third party, not a customer has seriously put me off them.  They consistently prove to be incompetent and unprofessional so I don't want to knowingly purchase a service that continues to profit IG.  Ultimately you don't really want to be making a claim but when you do you don't want it made more complicated by delays and poor communication. Hopefully the insurance companies will realise IG are no good and stop using them.  Although I expect they use them because they are cheap.  Buy Cheap - buy twice (get what you pay for).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback